Here we are in Munich, freshly arrived, with glorious sunshine welcoming the start of Electronica 08, Europe’s most important electronics show.
Don’t forget to bookmark www.electronicsweekly.com/electronica2008 for your one stop shop of all the latest news and views rounded up in one convenient place.
But before Electronica officially opens, tomorrow, we have the not inconsiderable matter of the Elektra Awards 08, an annual highpoint of the electronics industry calendar.
The best of luck to all the parties that have been shortlisted for the awards which include:
- Design & Test Product of the Year
- Distributor of the Year
- Embedded System Product of the Year
- Environmental Award
- Fabless Semiconductor Supplier of the Year
- Manufacturer of the Year
- Passive & Electromechanical Product of the Year
- Power Systems Product of the Year
- Research & Design Award
- Semiconductor Product of the Year
- Start-up of the Year
- Wireless & Telecoms Design Award
- Achievement Award
Needless to say we will be bringing you full coverage of the Awards, including the results, photos and eventually video.
Pictured below is Sir Robin Saxby, chairman emeritus at ARM, last year’s winner of the Achievement Award.