For all you Apple tech junkies out there we have some news for you. As reported at the tech blogs Tapscape
and The APPera
, the Taiwan website Apple.pro
– notoriously known for circulating leaked images of Apple devices ahead of formal release dates – has done it again.
This time, images reportedly leaked from Apple’s internal inventory reveal a white dock connector with a 90-degree tail end for an iPad-like device – speculated to be the iPad3, owing to the fervid amount of attention being paid to that device’s anticipated release.
No telling, however, whether the pictured connector might not actually be for the rumoured iPad HD or even, it has been suggested, the quasi-mythical iPadPro tablets.
It’s not the first time the rumour mill has swirled over these small, but not insignificant parts of these no-doubt-soon-to-be-everywhere tablet devices. That it swirls at all may tell us something about how pervasive the footprint of this technology might very soon be.
Either way I think this is a first for a UK blog, so quite literally you heard it here first!
Previous Only Connect entries:
* Only Connect: Copyright in manufacturing
* Only Connect: Apple’s Thunderbolt Technology
* Only Connect: World Wide Top Cable Manufacturers
* Only Connect: Made in Britain for China (UK Manufacturing #5)
* Only Connect: The greening of electronics manufacturing (Going Green #7)
* Only Connect: On better manufacturing co-operation
* Only Connect – A small quiz on fiber optics
* Only Connect: A guide to fiber optics
* Only Connect: Product Technology – Cat 7 network cabling
* Only Connect: Carbon nanotubes – a new interconnection technology
* Only Connect: Ten things to consider when choosing a coax connector
* Only Connect: How to promote UK Manufacturing #4
* Only Connect: Renewable energy made in the UK (Going Green #5)
* Only Connect: Electronics and natural disasters
* Only Connect: A simple guide to DVI Connectors
* Only Connect: A Thunderbolt of innovation
* Only Connect: The golden principle of good design
* Only Connect: Common fiber connectors – a guide
* Only Connect: Product innovation – mixing signal
* Only Connect: IPC versus Greenpeace electronics scorecard