Welcome to another post in the series by Nick Locke, of Nicab Ltd, who has over 15 years experience in the electronics manufacturing industry specialising in interconnection cable assembly.
Have you ever been looking for a connector that mixes signal but never seem to be able to fine ones that have the layout the way you want them?
Well there is good news for you! Tyco has introduced its FLATPAQ connector and the DOMINO series connector – the most modular products offered by the TE power interconnect team.
In short it’s a modular system where you can mix and match to what ever configuration you choose!
Here is a video that showcases the product:
So now you are no longer limited to what standard connectors offer as you can create your own!
Nick Locke, director at Nicab Ltd, has over 15 years experience in the electronics manufacturing industry specialising in interconnection cable assembly. Driven by a passion for interconnection he spends a great deal of his time searching out the latest technology and innovation in interconnection & manufacturing in general.
Keen to pass on information his aim is to engage the electronics community in the subjects and issues he believes are important. Totally devoted to the promotion of the electronics manufacturing industry he sees the future of electronics manufacturing as vital component in the UK economy.
Previous Only Connect entries:
* Only Connect: IPC versus Greenpeace electronics scorecard
* Only Connect: Product innovation from Space
* Only Connect: Apple’s MagSafe connector makes sense
* Only Connect: Coaxial connections guide
* Only Connect: Eco-gift for Christmas (Going Green #4)
* Only Connect: How to promote UK Manufacturing #3
* Only Connect: On using Ethernet connectors
* Only Connect: High-temp superconductors good news for renewable energy
* Only Connect: A positive mindset for winning government contracts
* Only Connect: A Top Ten of connector manufacturers
* Only Connect: Red toxic sludge points the way (Going Green #3)
* Only Connect: Handy Design Tips #4 – Explosion proof Ethernet
* Only Connect: We’re changing the world into a better place, baby!
* Only Connect: Handy Design Tips #3 – The right wrong connector
* Only Connect: Proud of the Made In UK mark
* Only Connect: Handy Design Tips #1 – Colour
* Only Connect: Better promoting the value of UK manufacturing
* Only Connect: Easy ways to go green
* Product packaging (Going Green II)