Welcome to another post in the series by Nick Locke, of Nicab Ltd, who has over 15 years experience in the electronics manufacturing industry specialising in interconnection cable assembly.
Having recently completed another round of IPC Training I am furthermore reminded that we are really very good at what we do in the UK Electronics industry.
I am not saying this to “blow my own trumpet” but rather that we as a whole are very good. What’s more, talking to the trainer our standards of workmanship seem to be on a real high with more companies choosing to up-skill and focus on high-value mission critical product markets.
It’s one thing to say ‘UK Made’ is best but I like to be able to back up these types of statements with facts. So the facts are that never before has our industry been so well trained and have such an emphasis on quality.
Our best companies are among the best in the world and looking at the market capitalisation of the UK electronics industry, in this blog post, gives us an idea of the high value of our industry.
One reason why more high value work is coming to and staying in the UK is because the world trusts us to do a great job. Our professionalism and dedication to providing our customers with the very best is something I am very proud to be associated with. Long may our industry be known as the place to go to get the job done right!
Previous Only Connect entries:
* Only Connect: 3M Twin Axial Cable
* Only Connect: Workshop tools and cool, cute videos
* Only Connect: Guitar wiring
* Only Connect: NASA-standard quality
* Only Connect: Requirements & Acceptance for Cable & Wire Harness Assemblies
* Only Connect: CCA Conductors in Ethernet Cables
* Only Connect: Good design and the IEC Connector
* Only Connect: Identifying greener manufacturers (Going Green #9)
* Only Connect: New product design – InfiniBand CXP 12x QDR standard
* Only Connect: HDMI Connections a simple guide
* Only Connect: New investment in the motor industry’s high-end
* Only Connect: My personal connector top ten
* Only Connet: Marine manufacturing and growth
* Only Connect: The RS Connector zone
* Only Connect: The Eco Award goes to…? (Going Green #8)