Welcome to another post in the series by Nick Locke, of Nicab Ltd, who has over 15 years experience in the electronics manufacturing industry specialising in interconnection cable assembly.
This week I bring you the top 10 world wide connector manufacturers based on sales, courtesy of market research company Bishop & Associates:
1. Tyco Electronics (TE)
I suspect that you found this surprising however when you consider that Foxconn, for example, make most major IT devices – I would have expected to see them higher.
The good news here is that innovators such as Tyco and Molex deserve to have their place at the top of the list as I believe evolution through interconnect will always ensure your end products are the best they can be.
For full details of the report, see Bishop & Associates.
Previous Only Connect entries:
* Only Connect: On good use of multimedia
* Only Connect: On innovation in Electronics
* Only Connect: On new technology (II)
* Only Connect: On new technology
* Only Connect: Only Connect: On branded manufacturers using multimedia
* Only Connect: Tin plating on contacts
* Only Connect: Marketing to the electronics manufacturing industry
* Going Green #10 – electronics sections
* Only Connect: New product design – InfiniBand CXP 12x QDR standard
* Only Connect: HDMI Connections a simple guide
* Only Connect: New investment in the motor industry’s high-end
* Only Connect: My personal connector top ten
* Only Connet: Marine manufacturing and growth
* Only Connect: The RS Connector zone
* Only Connect: The Eco Award goes to…? (Going Green #8)