The Wi-Fi and Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) support is to allow the quick uploading of images to social networking sites, cloud services, and the like.
With a 12x optical zoom NIKKOR lens, and supporting 16 million pixel images, there’s also a backside illumination CMOS sensor and vibration reduction (VR) function.
On shooting performance, Nikon says:
The S810c is equipped with a 12x optical zoom NIKKOR lens that covers the 25-300mm range of angles of view (equivalent focal lengths in 35mm  format). In addition, it is equipped with Dynamic Fine Zoom, which enables approximately 24x zoom for a maximum focal length equivalent to approximately 600mm, and with which resolution is preserved in the digital zoom range. The lens also supports macro photography with shooting as close as 2 cm to the center of the lens.
It comes with a 3.7-inch TFT LCD touch screen monitor.
Additional Features, in Nikon’s words:
- Adoption of a high-capacity rechargeable battery (1850 mAh) designed for a longer life enables capture of approximately 270 shots with a single charge
- Supports operating while the battery is charging
- Equipped with a headset connector
- Uses microSDHC and microSDXC memory cards
- Equipped with a Micro-USB connector
- Function for recording full-HD 1920 x 1080/30p movies with superior picture quality
- Equipped with a variety of shooting functions, including Easy Auto mode, Scene mode, Smart Portrait mode, and Special Effects mode
It’s due to arrive in May – in black and white versions – and have a price of $349.95, according to CNet.
See also: CES: Samsung develops Galaxy Camera 2