“This milestone of bringing Android 4.0 support to our Sitara platform demonstrates TI’s commitment to advancing opportunities for the open-source community,” said Adrian Valenzuela, marketing director, Sitara ARM processors, TI.
“Bringing Android 4.0 to the Sitara platform enables developers to use the stunning features that this latest Android flavor delivers to embedded applications, such as innovative video, imaging and graphics effects, robust user interfaces and more.”
The SDK is fully tested, says TI, for functionality using the Android compatibility test suite on the AM335x evaluation module (EVM), Beagleboard-xM, BeagleBone, AM37x EVM and Flash Board platforms. The SDK includes:
* Linux kernel
* Boot loaders (uboot/x-loader)
* Android 4.0.3 “Ice Cream Sandwich” operating system (OS)
* 3D graphics using Imagination Technologies’ POWERVR SGX OpenGL driver and libraries
* TI’s WiLink 6.0 combo connectivity drivers for Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) and Bluetooth® v2.1 technologies
* RowboPERF, a performance measurement and benchmarking application
* Host tools for Android debugging with TI’s Code Composer Studio integrated development environment
* Application notes, guides and test results to help developers with their designs
The Android 4.0 SDK for TI’s Sitara ARM Cortex-A8 processors is available for free download, with no development or production restrictions.
Developers interested in experimenting with the latest Android code for Sitara can also visit the open source community at arowboat.org.