He describes it as a nice gadget but also potentially a real development in small camera technology (he is longing to get his hands on one, or a Quadrocopter!)…
“Already, small cameras are mounted onto compact, remote control Quadracopters for work such as search and rescue, surveying power lines or large structures that need inspection. A very exciting field.
I would imagine that a more sensitive chip providing better quality images will drive that application further.”
The company describes it thus:
The CV500-MB HD-SDI Miniature Camera is a uniquely small and powerful camera that meets the need for high resolution video for Broadcast applications. The CV500-MB provides full HD 1920x1080i/59.94 video for filming all types of Broadcast projects such as Reality TV, Extreme Sports, Documentaries, Stunt Filming, Hidden Cams, and others. The CV500-MB is only 1.5″ (36.5mm) square, enabling unobtrusive placement or concealment.
- Panasonic 2.2 Megapixel 1/3″ CMOS Sensor
- Megapixel Fixed 3.7mm 3MP Lens
- 1080i/59.94 Broadcast (NTSC & PAL)
- HD-SDI (BNC) & CVBS (BNC) simultaneous streams
- 0.5Lux (color), 0.1Lux (b/w), 0.02Lux (Sens-up x30)
- WDR (ACCE), DNR (2D+3D), Digital Defog, HLC
- Privacy Masking, Motion Detection, Automatic White Balance
- 12V DC (Marshall PN: V-PS12-500, sold separately)
- 36.5mm x 36.5mm x 35mm, 50 grams
- Also available in 1080p/60 (3G-SDI)
- OSD Joystick on cable
It’s available now, priced at $499.00.