Seven Reasons to Conduct Pre-Compliance EMC Testing
This post is by Steve Hayes, EMC & Safety Managing Director, at TRaC.
Many of our customers are choosing to conduct pre-compliance EMC testing throughout the design stage.
Here are seven reasons why it’s a good idea:
- Pre-compliance testing reduces the risk of failing certification
- Pre-compliance testing allows you to make changes during the design phase based upon real-world test results
- The earlier product deficiencies are identified in the development process, the easier it is to rectify problems
- Fixing problems after compliance testing is much more expensive and time consuming than fixing them during the design stage
- Pre-compliance testing can focus on the areas that you are concerned may cause problems
- Pre-compliance testing concentrates on identifying solutions rather than finding problems
- Pre-compliance testing makes certification a less nail-biting experience
Previous Certification & Test entries: