The official ElectronicsWeekly.com website blog, highlighting new features, content, and initiatives on the site.
Only Connect: IPC/WHMA-A-620 – Revision B has been released
Being up to date in your profession is simply about being the best you can be at you job. In our profession we need to believe training is not too expensive and investment is a good thing.
I love the analogy of the man that goes to see his doctor and asks about a problem and the doctor says, I can’t remember too much about that, it’s been 15 years since I left university. That would simply be unacceptable.
Revision B remains the only industry-consensus standard for Requirements and Acceptance of Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies. IPC and the Wire Harness Manufacturers Association (WHMA) continued to work together to develop this significant update.
You can get the latest standards direct from the IPC website or your local IPC training organisation.
I sincerely believe we all have to be sure that what we are doing is right and the electronics we manufacture are the best they can be and we will only achieve this through education and commitment to being the best we can be.
Previous Only Connect entries:
* Only Connect: Product Spotlight – IEC endorses four USB-IF standards
* Only Connect: Product Spotlight – Molex Minifit Jnr Connector series
* Only Connect: LVDS Cables, a simple guide
* Only Connect: 3M growing Twin Axial cable range
* Only Connect: On worldwide connector demandTags: analogy, industry consensus, industry specialising, Only Connect, series 2a, WHMA, wire harness assemblies