Android Applications in Focus #5 – NI Data Dashboard for LabVIEW
It’s like London buses. You wait ages for a core electronics app to come along, and then comes another…
Following the ST op-amps app, to support op-amp design, here comes NI mobile apps compatible with NI LabVIEW software and NI hardware, for Android and iOS. The new apps are the Data Dashboard for LabVIEW (and Data Dashboard Mobile for LabVIEW) and the NI cDAQ-9191 Data Display.
“By combining the portability, ease of use, faster start-up time and longer battery longevity of mobile devices with the power of LabVIEW, engineers can more productively access measurement data from data acquisition and embedded monitoring systems,” says NI.
Data Dashboard for LabVIEW, Data Dashboard Mobile for LabVIEW
- Remotely view PC or embedded measurements from LabVIEW on iPad, iPhone and Android mobile devices using a combination of charts, gauges, text indicators and LEDs
- Visualise distributed measurements from LabVIEW programmable devices, such as NI CompactRIO
- Connect to networked-published shared variables or Web service data without Web or app programming
NI cDAQ-9191 Data Display
- Directly connect wireless NI CompactDAQ hardware to iOS and Android devices using new technology featured on NI Labs
- Configure, visualise and save measurements without a PC or tethered display
- Program custom apps that connect to wireless NI CompactDAQ devices with the cDAQ-9191 Web API
Full details on these, and other NI mobile apps can be found at www.ni.com/mobile/
Pictured below is the Data Dashboard for LabVIEW (the Tablet version):
“These new apps combine the portability of mobile devices with the power of LabVIEW, helping engineers increase their productivity and meet the latest application challenges,” says Ray Almgren, NI vp of product marketing core platforms.
Previous Android Applications in Focus: