Gadget Master logo

Featuring homemade electronic gadgets, the latest in development boards (Arduino, BeagleBoard, Raspberry Pi, etc), examples of cool design, and the latest and greatest (and most shiny) consumer gadgets.

Neuroti-Kart: Home-made electric go-kart

Now for an exciting way for electrical engineers the world over to annoy their neighbours on a quiet Sunday morning. After extensive tinkering in his shed, ‘wires99′ created Neuroti-Kart, the home-made electric go-kart. His design goals were to make something ‘electric powered, quiet, fast, capable of doing donuts in my street’. With the video found at design engineer bible TechEBlog, the Neuroti-Kart (the name PsychoKart was taken) is made from an advanced electric DC motor, with four 12V car batteries and a frame constructed from home gas pipes. We assume ‘wires99′ is now starving and sitting in a freezing cold house, but hey, at least he’s got a cool go-kart. For other car-related gadgets, have a peek at Cruising: Gadget masters for your car.

Tags: Go-kart, motor, Neuroti-Kart

1. Anonymous
    November 09, 2008 21:12

Wow that’s very impressive, nice work!

2. September 23, 2008 14:21

Excellent. Cheers for sharing that, Mark.
    And blimey. At those speeds, take care – the world will need you around in one piece for future versions of Neurotikart!
    AW

3. September 20, 2008 18:15

Hi. I’m also known as wires99 on YouTube. I built Neurotikart, and I can assure you, I’m neither starving nor freezing. Ok, I could afford to lose a few pounds, but…
    I used gas pipe for its availability, that’s all. It’s plenty sturdy, but also heavy.
    If you search YouTube for Neurotikart, you can find all the videos. Recently, I clocked Neurotikart 2 at over 60 mph (100 kph) on the GPS. In the latest video, I took Neurotikart 2 out on the wet street and did some drifting. If it looks fun, I can assure you, it is, it is.
    -M

4. August 20, 2008 11:41

This is pretty amazing. There are some more funky home made gadgets on http://www.afrigadget.com that are made in Africa.

5. no name
    July 15, 2008 19:00

hi that is cool where can i get one

6. houst
    December 03, 2007 14:25

I gotta get me one of em!!!