gadget-master

Featuring homemade electronic gadgets, the latest in development boards (Arduino, BeagleBoard, Raspberry Pi, etc), examples of cool design, and the latest and greatest (and most shiny) consumer gadgets.

Neuroti-Kart: Home-made electric go-kart

Now for an exciting way for electrical engineers the world over to annoy their neighbours on a quiet Sunday morning. After extensive tinkering in his shed, ‘wires99′ created Neuroti-Kart, the home-made electric go-kart. His design goals were to make something ‘electric powered, quiet, fast, capable of doing donuts in my street’. With the video found at design engineer bible TechEBlog, the Neuroti-Kart (the name PsychoKart was taken) is made from an advanced electric DC motor, with four 12V car batteries and a frame constructed from home gas pipes. We assume ‘wires99′ is now starving and sitting in a freezing cold house, but hey, at least he’s got a cool go-kart. For other car-related gadgets, have a peek at Cruising: Gadget masters for your car.

Tags: Go-kart, motor, Neuroti-Kart

Related posts

1. Anonymous
    November 09, 2008 21:12

Wow that’s very impressive, nice work!

2. September 23, 2008 14:21

Excellent. Cheers for sharing that, Mark.
    And blimey. At those speeds, take care – the world will need you around in one piece for future versions of Neurotikart!
    AW

3. September 20, 2008 18:15

Hi. I’m also known as wires99 on YouTube. I built Neurotikart, and I can assure you, I’m neither starving nor freezing. Ok, I could afford to lose a few pounds, but…
    I used gas pipe for its availability, that’s all. It’s plenty sturdy, but also heavy.
    If you search YouTube for Neurotikart, you can find all the videos. Recently, I clocked Neurotikart 2 at over 60 mph (100 kph) on the GPS. In the latest video, I took Neurotikart 2 out on the wet street and did some drifting. If it looks fun, I can assure you, it is, it is.
    -M

4. August 20, 2008 11:41

This is pretty amazing. There are some more funky home made gadgets on http://www.afrigadget.com that are made in Africa.

5. no name
    July 15, 2008 19:00

hi that is cool where can i get one

6. houst
    December 03, 2007 14:25

I gotta get me one of em!!!