Whipping up a (programmable Lego) Mindstorm
Before we launch the imminent May/June 2012 compo, let’s have another themed roundup of posts… on Mindstorms (“Lego sets combining programmable bricks with electric motors, sensors, Lego bricks, and Lego Technic pieces (such as gears, axles, and beams)”, as Wikipedia once put it).
Mindstorms has its historic roots, apparently, in a programmable brick created at the MIT Media Lab…
Anyway, the plastic brick-based platform has long proved fertile ground for Gadget Masters, so there are quite a few Lego-related posts to choose from…
- Mindstorms powers Time Twister Lego clock
- Android. Lego. Robots!
- 14 year-old New Yorker designs and builds Lego
- Lego Mindstorms robot learns to play Rock-Paper-Scissors
- When you can’t find the camera you want
- Lego + microprocessor + Bluetooth == TimeTwister
- Lock up your Rubik’s Cube – CubeStormer II is coming!
- Robots to “Hunt The Easter Egg” at Embedded Live
- Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0
- Programming LEGO Mindstorms NXT