I can’t believe someone makes… Wi-Fi kettles
The iKettle , complete with an LED backlit control panel and four tailored temperature settings, can be cunningly controlled by your iOS or Android smartphone, and features user-friendly Wake Up and Welcome Home modes.
It’s yours for £99.99, if you order it from Firebox. They warn you that it “May cause you to fire your butler/maid and throw away your alarm clock”.
The website writes:
Imagine how perfect and complete life would feel if there was no longer that tiresome wait for the kettle to boil. This blissful paradise we’ve just described is now all too real, thanks to the iKettle – The World’s first WiFi Kettle.
Stumbled in the front door from work exhausted? Nervy half-time ad break during the World Cup final? Slaving away on a late night project and can’t waste a second? Whatever the urgent hot-drink scenario, a simple one-touch setup allows you to instantly control the iKettle from anywhere in the house with your smart-phone.
- Control your iKettle via your mobile device
- Easy one-touch set up
- Wake up and Welcome home mode/Timer
- Choose from four temperature settings
- Keep warm feature keeps the iKettle at your desired temperature for up to 30 minutes
- Super easy to clean – removable filter and no internal element
- Auto shut off with boil-dry protection
- Stainless steel design with soft-touch handle
- LED backlit control panel
- Wireless 802.11b/gx
- Has a standard 3-pin UK plug
- Voltage 220-240V
- Frequency 50/60Hz
- Power input 1850-2200X
- WiFi Base Unit
But does it have a Fill-me-up-with-water mode, I wonder? I like my water freshly added…[Via Technabob]
Previous I can’t believe posts: