Good ideas with bad execution, or good execution of what should be bad ideas - an analysis of inferior, off-beat or malfunctioning products, and how other people's failures can help us design better stuff.
I can’t believe someone makes… Gunship watches
I can’t believe someone makes gunship watches that are designed to chip over time.
Thanks to Slashgear for highlighting the new Nixon range of watches. The models, in gunship grey, comprise the 51-30 Chromo Gunship, the Sentry Gunship, the Banks Gunship, and the Player Gunship.
But wait, there’s more. The idea is that – with the passing of time, and the chipping of the paint – gradually the black chassis underneath will be revealed.
According to the makers:
Uniquely applied finish is designed to wear increasingly with age, resulting in a piece who’s scars reveal a hidden character all its own.
You pay a premium for this, however. As Slashgear points out, the Gunship 51-30 Chrono is $500, the Sentry is $190, the Banks Gunship is $375, and the Player Gunship is $225…
In good ICBSM tradition, they are probably all sold out.
Previous I can’t believe posts:
* I can’t believe someone makes… Extra dimension light switches
* I can’t believe someone makes… Bacon and egg iPhone cases
* I can’t believe someone makes… Tuna can alarm clocks
* I can’t believe someone makes… Kitchen scales with iPod dock
* I Can’t Believe Someone Makes… Steering Wheel Laptop Holders
* I Can’t Believe Someone Makes… Voice Recognition Grocery List Organisers
* I can’t believe someone makes… Yet More USB nonsense
* I can’t believe someone makes… Coca Cola powered cell phones
* I can’t believe someone makes… Cassette Tape Ties
The best way to get the very latest Made By…more »
Mention was made in the office the other day of…more »
Slightly early, maybe, but let’s take a look a pick…more »
Dyson Heaters – the AM04 and AM05 heaters to be…more »