Recall Corner: Sharp 32in LCD TV
The latest entrant to Recall Corner is Sharp, where the company will be watching one of its 32in LCD TVs.
The issue? It is to do with a fragile stand and concerns that its neck that can break, causing the set to fall over…and the threat that represents to consumers. Note, however, no injuries have actually been reported. The model in question is the LC-32SB28UT.
The recall was actually started at the very end of August, and it is believed about 9,000 of the TVs have been sold between March and August 2010. They were manufactured in China.
See the relevant CPSC page for details of the particular serial numbers involved.
Previous Recall Corners:
* Recall Corner: Garmin nüvi battery PCBs
* Recall Corner: Toshiba T Series laptops
* Recall Corner: Ferrari 458 Italia sports car
* Recall Corner: Maytag dishwasher
* Recall Corner: Sony VAIO laptops
* Recall Corner: Shock hazard WindTunnel Hoover
* Recall Corner: HP notebook Lithium-Ion batteries
* Recall Corner: Targus Universal Wall Power Adapter for laptops
* Recall Corner: Mares Nemo scuba dive computers
* Recall Corner: Lithium-ion Mobile Power Pack
* Recall corner: Remote control kits for electric fireplaces
This is the shape of the future, and it’s pizza…more »
Mobile World Congress and Embedded World came not alone, notes David…more »
February where have you gone so fast? Time’s whirligig spins…more »
Don’t ask our Components Editor, David Manners, what he thinks…more »