Shrink To Win, says TU CEO

‘Shrink to win’ is the exciting new slogan of TU Technologies.

“Growth is an old-hat strategy,” says Boz Carlotti, TU’s CEO, “we will succeed by going backwards. Backwards is the new forwards.”

December 18, 2012 18:50

How awful, SEPAM, having wrecked their own industry the financial types are trying to wreck other industries. As you say, they all think alike and they’re all wrong.

2. SecretEuroPatentAgentMan
    December 18, 2012 16:50

It seems the big pharma companies will follow a similar strategy:
    Many top leaders went to the same business schools learning the same business methods. Priority in R&D is evidently not part of the plan. With many thousands of pharma researchers sacked it is hard to see where new advances will come from. Consequences are for the next generation I guess.

December 13, 2012 10:15

Ha Ha, HAL

4. HAL
    December 13, 2012 09:58

I’m sorry, I can’t let you do this Dave.

5. Terry
    December 12, 2012 11:23

Ha ha. You could write a technology column for Private Eye about the exploits of Mr. Careless Bozo.

December 12, 2012 10:10

It’s just sad, uno. When you think how Pistorio invested ten years ahead of the market to make MPEG2 and MEMS vibrant businesses and then you look at the current management which just cut and shrink in the absence of the energy and vision to pursue a growth strategy. Of course it’s a strategy which keeps the management employed, but one which ensures relative decline for the company.

7. uno
    December 12, 2012 06:19

Couldn’t help but laugh with this post :-) I’m sensing here some strong feelings towards “TU” management, I guess that’s what happens to most gov’t backed companies, no need to do things right, or at least logical. Either that or “Carlotti” is a visionary ;-)

December 11, 2012 15:53

That was exactly my thought process in arriving at TU, Bitter.

9. Bitter
    December 11, 2012 15:20

‘IBM’ for sure reminds me of the movie “2001 A Space Odyssey” AI ‘HAL’. Can’t quite put the finger on why.. :)