Wozniak Praises Samsung

Apple is “somewhat behind with features in the smartphone business,” says Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, “others have caught up.  Samsung is a big competitor. But precisely because they are currently making great products.”

The Samsung Galaxy S2 came as a shock to iPhone users because the bigger screen looked so good.

With that one move, Samsung took style leadership and, subsequently, market leadership.

So far, no response from Apple – the iPhone 5 was slightly bigger than 4S but not as big as Galaxy S2 and 3.

Maybe Apple’s CEO thinks, as Nokia’s CEO thought in 2007, that the new kid on the block is a six months fad.

Tags: co founder, iphone 5, market leadership, new kid on the block, steve wozniak

1. Mr Cynical
    February 13, 2013 12:16

SecretEuroPatentAgentMan if you spoke to Mrs C, she would tell you that I am really Mr Gadget man.
    The Samsung note appeals to me as I can use a stylus to annotate camera shots etc, but I don’t like the price.
    I do find the screen on the S2 (and therefore the S3) a little too small, when you get to my age size matters (screen size)

2. Mr Cynical
    February 13, 2013 12:10

Mr M, do pick a Blackberry and join Mr Blair and President Obama who are both obsessed by the encryption features of the phone!

3. SecretEuroPatentAgentMan
    February 13, 2013 08:50

What is lacking in your existing S2 or the reason S3 is not on your list of alternatives?
    Rumours are everywhere about the coming S4 but noone can provide credible reasons on why it should be significantly better than the S3.
    I have the S3 myself and expect to keep it for many years yet.

February 12, 2013 23:17

Aha, Blackberry, now there’s a thought. I’ve never had one.

February 12, 2013 21:25

Blackberry ?

February 12, 2013 20:21

Well I was hoping to replace my iPhone3 this year Mr C, but you’ve just shut off all my options

7. Mr Cynical
    February 12, 2013 16:45

I myself are looking to replace my Samsung S2:-
    iPhone 5 is too expensive and I don’t like the form factor.
    Samsung Note 2 looks interesting but is too expensive.
    Tempted by a Nokia 820 (but not the colours)but unsure of Windows 8 (which incidentally I removed from my laptop as almost unworkable).
    Most promising looks like the Google Nexus 4 (as I don’t think I will ever see G4) but would have liked micro SD.
    I want to like the Amazon phone but as they don’t pay UK tax I’ve rather gone off trading wherever possible with the big A.
    Life is such a compromise?

8. georgegrimes-ti-com.myopenid.com
    February 12, 2013 15:20

Don’t look back, Tim Cook, they might be gaining on you! (With apologies to Satchel Paige.)