Poll: Which Company Would You Least Like To Work For?

Hard times make for harsh mistresses. In these challenging times, which company would you least like to work for?

Tags: challenging times, mistresses, poll

Related posts

May 23, 2012 19:42

Because the French are too good at baking to accept instructions from other nationalities

2. ST-Ericsson
    May 23, 2012 19:24

Our customers complain about the half-baked ARM biscuits we provide, now you are telling me there are baking instructions? Why wasn’t I told before?
    //D.L.

May 23, 2012 18:20

Yes, Keith, but the ARM biscuit comes in the form of a bake-it-yourself kit consisting of ingredients and baking instructions

4. Keith
    May 23, 2012 18:06

Except, David, that the Intel biscuit will require an oven with a much higher electricity consumption than an ARM biscuit.
    So Intel will start producing smaller biscuits to reduce the power consumption. This will provide a temptation to the biscuit eaters, who will wonder if the smaller biscuits provide a better eating experience than other vendors biscuits.
    A biscuit industry watcher, when asked to comment, said “These biscuits are smashing! Crumbs!”

May 23, 2012 16:31

And Intel will make a biscuit which they’ll say has been baked in a superior way to all other biscuits but tastes exactly the same.

6. Terry
    May 23, 2012 16:27

Apple will make a rectangular biscuit with rounded corners and then sue anyone else who does the same.

7. Bitter
    May 22, 2012 16:52

I heard some rumors float around in the internets that Samsung and Apple could be heading into the foodstuffs industry. Might be biscuits manufacturing, who knows? :-)
    Cookie and biscuit companies can easily be chewed to pieces by those hungry engineering and manufacturing monsters:

May 22, 2012 15:57

Because, Djonne, these companies operate in the most technically sophisticated and most competitive part of the electronics industry where a single miss-step has big consequences and company’s fortunes rise and fall quickly. I expect people working in, say, biscuit manufacturing never experience a competitive challenge or a down market in their working lifetimes!

9. Djonne
    May 22, 2012 15:53

Why more than half of these companies operate in the telecom industry?

May 22, 2012 15:21

Probably our fault, george, sorry about that though I immediately realised which post you were referring to and so, I suppose, did everyone else.

11. georgegrimes-ti-com.myopenid.com
    May 22, 2012 14:22

Hmmm. My “Point taken!” post was supposed to be in response to the post about “no one in the government of Greece does any work”. I’m not sure why it appeared where it did. However, I did get an error message after I clicked on submit.

12. georgegrimes-ti-com.myopenid.com
    May 22, 2012 14:17

Point taken!

13. Anonymous
    May 22, 2012 14:08

Ericsson – tick, Sony – tick, Nokia – tick, now, where should I go for my next career move, hmm, maybe I should move to RIM…… :)

14. anon
    May 22, 2012 11:58

Me thinks that ST’s (Geneva based) management voted here…

May 22, 2012 11:28

I’m glad you chose that particular association, Mr C.

16. mr cynical
    May 22, 2012 11:26

RIM it sounds too medical!

17. Sceptic
    May 22, 2012 11:14

Elpida – I can’t ever see myself working for a company that makes hair products.
    Sceppers

18. Robert
    May 22, 2012 07:15

At the moment the worst job has got to be at the JPM London CIO trading desk. Nobody understands what you do, yet everyone in the world reckons you’re a crook, based on the simple fact that they cant understand what it is that you do! Even Ed is more respectable then these guys.

May 21, 2012 20:08

How does this differ from the upper management of a few of these other companies ? :-)

May 21, 2012 15:53

No, george, because no one in the government of Greece does any work.

21. georgegrimes-ti-com.myopenid.com
    May 21, 2012 15:40

Does the government of Greece count as a company for this competition?

22. Luke