The Democratisation Of Funding
The democratisation of funding means that entrepreneurs can pitch for funds to a wider variety of potential backers than ever before, writes Linda Bernardi in the Washington Post.
Bernardi lists nine sources of funds beyond the usual VCs:
1. Corporations making equity investments in start-ups.
2. Corporate venture funds.
3. Angels and angel consortiums.
4. Super angels – individuals rich enough to fund a start-up on their own.
5. Equity investment funds.
6. Boutique VC firms.
7. Accelerators and incubators.
8. Crowdfunding platforms.
9. Global money. Funds from non- traditional sources all over the world.