The Ten Most Unused Electrical Products In UK Homes

Thanks to Wrap for this one. The government-funded organisation reports that the ten most unused electrical devices left lying around British homes are:

1. Cameras
  2. Personal audio
  3. TVs
  4. Computers
  5. Stereos
  6. Shavers
  7. Kettles
  8. Electronic Toys
  9. Sandwich Makers
  10. Irons
Tags: electrical devices, electrical products

Related posts

1. Geoff
    August 24, 2010 12:30

That’s a better list, Ronald, but you must get them to use their break-makers! I’m OK for the future, have five DAB radios already.

August 24, 2010 11:50

I recall Tefal adverts for one many years ago. No idea if they were first to market though.

August 24, 2010 11:20

Yes Mike in the days when i was welding my lips to fondue forks the sets were meths-powered. Whoever invented ithe electrical fondue set? There’s a question.

4. Mike Pellatt
    August 24, 2010 11:03

Roanld – who has an electric fondue set ??!!!
    That’s a new one on me, mine’s meths-powered.

August 17, 2010 13:59

I assume, Peter, that WRAP was one of Gordon’s schemes for occupying the unemployable

August 17, 2010 12:50

Your survey is much wittier than WRAP’s survey, Ronald. Your colleagues are obviously more sophisticated than WRAP’s surveyees.

7. Ronald Singh
    August 17, 2010 11:21

This survey is well ou!! I just ran a straw poll in the office:
    i) sandwich maker
    ii) juicer
    iii) bread-maker
    iv) George Forman grill
    v) food processor
    vi) air-conditioner
    vii) fondue set
    viii) video recorder
    xi)record player (“one day those vinyls will be worth a fortune man!”)
    x)anything from Amstrad

8. Peter Miller
    August 17, 2010 11:16

No electronic toys or a sandwich maker in this house. All the others are used as necessary, which means that some are lying around for days without being used – who uses an iron every day?
    And I totally agree with getting rid of this Wrap organisation – whatever it is, it is obviously useless.

9. Torben Mogensen
    August 12, 2010 09:18

Many of the listed devices are also some of the most used devices in some homes. I’m sure no one would dispute that, in some homes, TVs are the most used devices, and many men (including myself) use an electric shaver every day. And if you are a tea drinker, you will also use an electric kettle quite often.
    But it is quite plausible that many have multiple TV sets and use some of these rarely and some may have old shavers, computers and cameras lying around unused while they use the new ones. I certainly have a few old laptops and cameras that I never use but haven’t thrown out.

August 11, 2010 20:22

Keith, you’re right.

11. Keith
    August 11, 2010 19:32

We would save a lot of taxpayer’s money if idiotic quangos like Wrap were disposed of.

August 11, 2010 15:56

I would have said wall-warts (chargers, power supplies or whatever). Most people seem to keep loads of these long after the item they powered has gone.
    For those in the UK, Sainsburys have a collection point in many stores to dispose of them for recycling.