Perfect Pub-Based Get-Rich-Quick Business

In that ideal world of making-millions-while-sitting-in-the-pub, the new boom for cell-phone applications is the perfect pub-based industry.

Sitting in the garden of The Spring in Ewell last Tuesday night, three of us came up with a trio of great new cellphone apps:

You shake your phone and it makes a noise – like a rattle, or a drum roll or a  bagpipes’ swirl.

Karaoke backing tracks

Rhythms from different musical instruments so a group of you could improvise a band.

With Silicon Valley VCs investing $383 million in new start-up companies developing cell-phone apps in the first half of 2008, these three apps should be the core of a decent business proposal.

Seed funding required is £147,970 representing: Cost of pint £3 (including crisps and nuts), X 3 ( for three people), X 7 days a week (no slacking), X 365 days in the year.

The market appears unsatiable. Apple report that in the ten days after the 3G iPhone launch, 25 million apps were downloaded to it.

Tags: 365 days, days in the year, iphone, last tuesday, silicon valley

Related posts

February 01, 2010 11:21

Yes Fred, isn’t that that Occam’s Razor pronciple?

2. February 01, 2010 08:56

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.

December 10, 2009 16:41

Good luck, sleneplatenda, you seem to be in the right business at the right time.

4. December 10, 2009 16:37

Ciao people, I am brand-new to the website, but I’ve been searching for this forum for a long time ‘n I’m so glad I finally got here.
    I’m 21 years of age and doing my bachelors at Houston.
    I am the sort of guy who enjoys to try unused stuff. Right now I’m making my private pv panels. I am making it all by myself without the help of my staff. I’m utilizing the net as the only path to acheive that. I came across a really awesome site that explains how to contruct pv panels and so on. The internet site explains all the steps required to [url=http://solar-panel-construction.com]making solar panels[/url].
    I’m not really sure about how precise the info given there is. If some guys over here who have experience with these things can have a peak and give your feedback in the site it will be great and I would highly value it.
    Thanks for reading this. U guys rock.

September 11, 2009 11:21

I don’t know Soinalalm, I’m a total novice at this Apps game. But it sounds a contender. Give it a whirl!

6. Soinalalm
    September 10, 2009 23:03

Hi I discovered a site talking this government grant software: [url=http://federalgrantsforwomen.info/]Federal Grants For Women[/url]
    would that be a legitimate program?!??? thanks!!!

7. numbergamefavga
    April 02, 2009 19:30

“My favorite number is
    [url=http://www.aboutanumber.com/504]504[/url] .
    What is your favorite number and why?”

8. Edward Bruce Williams
    August 19, 2008 04:51

I thought realistic cost projections were considered amateur. 147,709 is at the very bottom of numbers worth VC interest.
    You made a good start with bad numbers, but you missed the bigtime by forgetting to add in an extra decimal place.
    1,477,090 is a number sure to get funded !

August 12, 2008 13:01

Excellent. I like it. And a farting noise usually gets a laugh

10. August 12, 2008 12:21

Or throwing grenade style through the air with a pleasing whizz followed by an ‘explosion’ sound ?

August 12, 2008 12:08

Or blowing raspberries?

12. August 12, 2008 12:04

I like the idea of a motion sensing phone – WII remote style. For shaking at call centre, double glazing callers and perhaps throwing at brick walls when it (or all life come to that) goes wrong 1

August 12, 2008 11:55

You’re absolutely right. I went wrong in stating that my X7 was the number of days in a week when it should have been the number of pints per day per head. On that basis the
    figure for seed funding should have been 3 X 3 X 7 X 365 = £22,995

14. August 12, 2008 11:41

You should file a patent on shaking the phone to make a musical noise idea but, due diligence shows a couple of problems in the cost model.
    £3 x 3 x 7 x 365 = £22,995 not £147,970
    also it doesnt make sense to scale by 7 days a week and then by 365 days a year. So actual funding requirement for first year is only £3,285. Maybe you should increase salaries and allow for more than one pint/day!