eSilicon delivers instant MPW quotes
eSilicon is offering automated, instant online quotes for multi-project wafer (MPW) shuttle services.
eSilicon’s online MPW quote system allows users to evaluate the wafer cost of multiple options.
eSilicon’s MPW services are available on most nodes from TSMC at 20nm-350nm and most nodes from GloFo at 20nm-180nm.
MPWs reduce prototype cost by up to 90% versus a full production mask.
Once an MPW order is in process, eSilicon’s foundry engineering team provides a number of services to ensure quality in production, including:
• Validate database integrity
• Validate CAD content
• Validate process options and attributes
• Submit tooling request after thorough data collection and checking
• Address mismatches between the database and plan of record
• Address database-mask shop issues during data conversion and mask making
• Assess DRC violations
“Having the ability to perform ‘what if’ MPW scenarios with different technology possibilities leads to the best cost/performance selection. Then validating designs on an MPW allows our customers to mitigate risk prior to moving to production silicon,” said Gino Skulick, eSilicon’s VP and GM, IC Solutions. “A number of customers have been using the online MPW quote system to plan budgets as well as place MPW shuttle orders.”