Job of the Week: Principal Embedded Systems Engineer
Stack Limited is recruiting a Principal Embedded Systems Engineer. Based in Location South East England, it is a permanent full-time role. The salary is £50-55K + bonus with benefits.
Stack Limited is a world-wide manufacturer and supplier of dashboard instrumentation, data acquisition, Tyre pressure monitoring systems, (TPMS) and ruggedised video systems. All of their designs are built for ‘harsh environments’.
The company writes:
“You will be responsible for delivering world class, industry-leading products. You will have previous experience of leading a project and managing a team; taking a concept from initial design stages right through to manufacture and delivery to the end user.”
“Your aptitude will mean you are able to conceptualise the end product from a customer perspective considering both the software and technical requirements alongside the hardware.”
• A good engineering related degree.
• At least 7 years experience delivering proven products for harsh environments and be able to demonstrate practical examples to support the experience.
• Experience of real-time embedded ‘C’ software design.
• Working knowledge of CAN/Ethernet interfaces.
• Experience of ARM, TI and DSP processors and other micro controller design.
• Keen to participate in all aspects of the product design.
• High levels of numeracy and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to influence and a proactive ‘can do’ attitude.
• Attention to detail and quality.
• A strategic thinker with the ability to consider the impact on all aspects of the product design life cycle.