Elektra Awards 09 – The Winners
Here are the full details of this year’s winners of the Elektras. Congratulations to all, and all those short listed, too. The Lifetime Achievement Award went to Professor Sir Martin Sweeting OBE, FRS.
The category winners are:
* Product Innovation Award (Readers’ Choice) – Sponsored By Avnet – Windela (Windelux street lighting system)
* Company of the Year – Sponsored By IET – Dialog Semiconductor
* Embedded System Product of the Year – National Instruments (Single-Board RIO)
* R & D Award – DNA Electronics (SNP Dr on-the-spot DNA testing system)
* Distributor of the Year – Farnell
* Contract Manufacturer of the Year – Sponsored By RS – ACW Technology
* Fabless Semiconductor Supplier of Year – Sponsored By JDK – Dialog Semiconductor
* Design & Test Product of the Year – Sponsored By Neesham – Rohde & Schwarz (FSV signal and spectrum analyser)
* Passive & Electromechanical Product of Year – Murata (EVC series capacitor range)
* Power System Product of the Year – Cypress Semiconductor (Power PSoC)
* Environmental Award – Sponsored By Vicor – austriamicrosystems
* Start-up of the Year – Sponsored By International Rectifier – JAOtech
* Student Engineer of the Year – Simon Brown (Institute for System Level Integration, University of Strathclyde)
* Renewable Energy Design Award – Sponsored By Gleichmann Sunrise – National Semiconductor (SolarMagic power optimiser)
* Semiconductor Product of the Year – Analogue, sponsored by Arrow Electronics – Linear Technology (LTC6802 battery stack monitor)
* Semiconductor Product of the Year – Digital sponsored by Mouser Electronics – Microchip Technology (nanoWatt XLP microcontroller)
* LED Lighting Application Award – Sponsored by Anglia – Sagentia
* Lifetime Achievement Award – Professor Sir Martin Sweeting OBE, FRS
Professor Sir Martin Sweeting is pictured with the host for the evening Jason Manford, left, and Paul Briggs, Group Publisher of RBI’s Technology Group.
Pictures of the winners, and attendees of the event will be going online ASAP!