The capability to shift voltage levels between one of the two preset output voltage levels makes it ideal for battery-powered applications with SD memory and SIM cards as well as devices requiring a Normal Operating and Power Saving Mode.
The RP155Z has a high ripple rejection, fast transient response and low supply current required by devices such as smartphones, printers and cameras. An auto-discharge function discharges the output capacitor once the LDO is disabled. The RP155Z comes with a static output voltage accuracy of ±1.0% and has a temperature drift coefficient of ±30 ppm/°C.
A number of protection circuits are included: a short-current limiting, thermal shutdown and inrush current limiting circuit. Short-current protection (fold-back type) decreases the output current in case of a short circuit to approximately 50mA, protecting the LDO and other electronic parts of the application from damage.
Thermal shutdown circuit prevents the LDO from exceeding a specific operating temperature. Inrush current limiting circuit makes sure the output voltage increases gradually and prevents high inrush current peaks and overshoots of the output voltage.
To ensure stable operation a small ceramic capacitor with low ESR and a minimum value of 1.0µF can be used.
The voltage regulator is available in a 5-pin WLCSP-5-P1 package for applications that require a small footprint solution when board space is limited.
- Input Voltage: 1.9V to 5.25V
- Supply Current: Typ. 80µA
- Standby Current: Typ. 0.1µA
- Dropout Voltage: Typ. 0.085V at 200mA
- Ripple Rejection: Typ. 75dB, f = 1kHz, Typ. 70dB, f = 10kHz
- Output Voltage Range: 1.6V to 3.6V
- Output Voltage Accuracy: ±1.0%
- Output Voltage Temperature Coefficient: Typ. ±30 ppm/°C
- Line Regulation: Typ. 0.02%/V
- Short-current Limiting: Typ. 50mA
- Overcurrent Protection: Fold Back Type
- Thermal Shutdown: Typ. 165°C
- Inrush Current Limiting: Typ. 160mA during 180µs after start-up
- Ceramic Capacitor Compatible: 1.0µF or more
- Package: WLCSP-5-P1 (1.346 x 0.98 x 0.625mm)