Korenix JetBox 9430-w for embedded Linux networking
Korenix has announced the JetBox 9430-w, which it describes as an “intelligent Linux ready embedded networking computer with complete Layer 3 routing capabilities for efficiently managing extended network groups in industrial environments”.
It has IP-31 rugged anti-vibration/shock design and a -40~80C operating temperatures. It features VPN functionality, and can support establishing long-distance and secured network connections over WAN.
Features highlighted by Korenix are:
- Intel IXP435 667MHz with Networking Processor to enhance routing and VPN performance
- Complete Layer3 routing support: OSPF, RIP, DVMRP, IPv6
- Full managed features with QoS, VLAN
- Versatile interfaces of USB, DIO, CF/SD card slot
- Linux ready platform with Linux UI Webmin (optional), programmable
- DC 12~48V power input
- Fan-less and Ruggedized Industrial Design for anti-vibration, anti-shock, and -40~80? wide temperature operation
The RISC-based computer ensures the high performance and flexibility of the networks through its rich, easy-to-use interface including 4 LAN, 1 WAN, 3 USB, 8 DIO and serial console ports as well as advanced QoS, VLAN management features. In addition, combined with IP-31 rugged anti-vibration/shock design and 40~80? wide operating temperature, it becomes the best solution for large network infrastructures in open-pit mines, substations, railcars, public utilities and other severe industrial applications.