One of the highlights of Embedded Live, on the Wednesday, is sure to be the Meet The Experts panel debate, on Embedded Software Design
The moderator, ensuring fair play, will be Colin Holland of EE Times, and the panelists comprise:
• Robert Berger, Embedded Software Specialist, Reliable Embedded Systems
• Max Domeika, Software Engineer, Intel
• Frank van den Berg, Technical Director EMEA, Green Hills Software
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
• Migrating to a Third-Party Operating System – to discuss the changes a design team will need to make to adapt their existing software and design flow to employ a third-party OS. Amazingly, about half of embedded designs have not done this yet.
• Programming and Debugging of Multi-Core System Code – how to detect and identify bugs in multi-core systems, how to optimise parallel programmes.
• Open-Source or Not to Open-Source: That is the Question – the whys, hows, and issues with adopting open-source software, such as the Android OS, a Linux kernel, or an open-source communication protocol stack.
Meet the experts and share their insights!
Make a note in your diary: the venue is the Exhibition Theatre, on Wednesday 20th October, 13:30 – 14:15pm.